Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Showery Summer

My wonderful sister got married a few weeks ago and I could not wait to get my hands dirty planning her wedding. It literally took me 2 hours to get her flipping through wedding magazines from the moment I found out she was engaged (it's sick I know..)

I knew that she was really hoping to have an outdoor wedding but with Calgary's unique climate, she wasn't willing to make a $$$ risk on her wedding so..... I thought why not a garden bridal shower?? If worst comes to worst, move it indoors. Easier to house 40 women than 110 wedding guests.

source: http://sallyhanreck.com/
I wanted it to be very colorful & bright so the first thing that came to my mind was Holi, Indian's color festival.

Now.. I love this for two reasons. 1-I would love to one day get hit in the face with a handful of colored powder. and 2-The rainbow of colors is just what the doctor ordered for this summer garden party!




Here are just a few pictures from the shower. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment